Join us virtually on 15 March from 15:00 to 17:00 CET for the launch of GDMA’s latest Global Attitudes to Privacy study.
Covering 16 different markets and over half the world population, the findings show consumers want a more personalised approach from marketing opportunities, all the while respecting their right to privacy. More specifically, the research
- Explores how attitudes towards data sharing have evolved over the previous 4 years – with a notable decline in overall levels of online privacy concern, alongside rising public awareness and acceptance of the role data exchange has in the modern digital economy;
- Outlines growing public engagement with the data economy, but with ongoing challenges in communicating and demonstrating the value exchange to global consumers;
- Showcases the continued importance of trust, transparency and control as the core pillars of a healthy data economy;
- Tests awareness of the rights and responsibilities of global consumers, with new findings showing a significant rise in awareness of GDPR in European markets; and
- Investigates emerging data themes that have risen in prominence over the previous 4 years, including the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the role of data in driving diversity and competitiveness across global business operations.
|Introduction by Event Chair – 5 min
Keynote: Presentation of the GDMA Study on consumer attitudes towards privacy – 30 min
Panel I: Global Privacy Principles to underpin global data protection harmonization – 40 min
Panel II: The “industry effect”: how the industry’s actions can set national and global standards in data protection – 40 min
We thank Acxiom for their partnership and support on bringing this valuable insight to our growing global community, as well as EDAA for their support in making this event possible.
|Acxiom enables people-based marketing everywhere through a simple, open approach to connecting systems and data to drive better customer experiences for people and greater ROI for business. A leader in identity, customer data management and the ethical use of data for more than 50 years, Acxiom now helps thousands of clients and partners around the globe work together to create millions of better customer experiences, every day.||The EDAA’s consumer-facing programme is pan-European and industry-wide. With its approach based on transparency, choice and control, and credible compliance and enforcement, it is well positioned to meet and complement the transparency objectives of the Digital Services Act. Click here to find out more.|